The Blog has moved so please update your bookmarks and/or Blog Roll. Thanks!
The new Blog is located at http://www.alinskydefeater.com/Blog/
Rule 8: “Keep the pressure on with different tactics, and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”~Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
All of the Alinsky tactics dovetail together, and until you fully appreciate that, you can’t unequivocally understand the Alinsky model, but if there is one central concept around which all the others orbit it is the overarching theme that the application of pressure is the only thing that will create change, and change is always the goal.
“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” ~Rahm Emmanuel
To the average sensibility, this quote from Obama’s former Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel seems oddly detached from our normal emotional reactions in times of tragedy. The word psychopath leaps to mind, but Rahm is no psychopath. He is just so fully immersed in the teachings of Alinsky that applying Alinsky principles is a reaction that requires no thought, and so any natural consideration of humanitarian concerns simply becomes irrelevant as it dissolves into “the greater good”. Of course, whose definition of “the greater good” we’re using would seem to be a pertinent consideration, and will be the subject of future posts.
As I explained previously in The Alinsky Reaction Chain, the principle purpose of all the tactics is to keep the pressure on your opponent. This requires a litheness and fluidity of approach that means even the tactics themselves are subject to change or abrogation if the end can be accomplished more quickly, or more easily by some other means. We will investigate in later posts just how important this issue of means and ends is in the Alinsky paradigm.
So the object is to keep the pressure on; be relentless; be ruthless if necessary, but win at any cost. No tragedy or misfortune is out of bounds if it can be employed to achieve your end goal. If you are utterly and completely convinced you are correct then surely you should leave no strategy untried to attain such noble goals. In this context, it is easy to understand the corruption, sell-outs, and backroom deals concomitant with the ramming through of Obamacare, as well as the seeming inconsistencies between noble goals and amoral means used to attain them.
Obama demonstrated his fidelity to Alinsky tactics over and over throughout the Presidential campaign of 2008, and continues to use them in the White House.
During the campaign Obama applied Alinsky tactics repeatedly; here are a few examples of his use of the eighth tactic:
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” ~Barack Obama
“I want you to argue with them, and get in their faces.” ~Barack Obama
The general intent of the eighth tactic is this: if you’re convinced you’re right, and the consequences of your opponent winning are too dire for you to consider, you are obligated to do whatever is necessary to ensure that your side wins. The messy, corrupt process of passing Obamacare stands as a stark reminder of what Alinsky tactics look like when used to Govern. This isn’t just politics as usual. This is politics without even a consideration of the possibility that the morality of means might be relevant in the process of bringing about change.
“Hope and Change” has devolved into “Lie and Blame”
We have to retweet the tweet to know what’s in it.
It would have been nice if someone in the Press had asked, “Yes, we can do what?” and “What kind of change?”
Calling someone racist: It’s the Progressive ‘get out of logic free’ card
Cloward,Piven,Alinsky,Ayers,Wright,Obama.When your name doesn’t seem out of place on this list – you shouldn’t be President.
I think the only reason Obama went to the Gulf was b/c he thought he could get the oily pelican vote.
Putting an (R) by your name is not sufficient to get my vote. I will only vote for conservatives.
President Obama: If you sought out Marxist professors in college,could you tell us just when it was you renounced Marxism?
Illegal immigrants flocking to 3 states to obtain identification… http://4dpz.sl.pt
Aren’t the Dems the Party of no? They’re still saying no to Bush and he’s not even in office.
Hey Dems: 73 days and we’re gonna party like it’s 1994.
So D is for Drive and R is for Reverse…then when the D drives us in the ditch, put it in R.
The Left: Out of ideas. Out of Hope. Out of Change. Out of time.
MSNBC is still on the air. I know no one cares, but I thought both their viewers deserved some recognition.
Orwellian Obama: We’re told we should fear the Tea Party while Iran develops nuclear weapons.
If you voted for Obama…we forgive you. Provided you promise never to do it again.
Still proud to be an American! Waiting for a Congress and President that feel the same.
- Jimmy Carter: No longer the worst President in modern history. #ocra #tcot
- What the Federal Gov’t should do, it can’t. What the Federal Gov’t shouldn’t do, it insists upon doing. #ocra #tcot #tlot
- Obama is a gifted speaker. I know I consider it a gift every time he stops talking. #ocra #tcot
- Dithering and whining do not an ass-kicker make. #ocra #tcot
- Obama is inspiring. Look how many people he’s inspiring to vote Republican. #ocra #tcot
- Do not retweet this.
- That #hcr bill is so good that Obama still has to campaign for it even AFTER it passed. #ocra #tcot
- America: Love it or stop being its President. #ocra #tcot
- Remember when our ancestors bravely sailed the seas to come to a country where they would be taken care of by Gov’t? Oh,wait… #ocra #tcot
- When Obama sees his reflection,does he bow?He does have a reflection, right? #ocra #tcot
- Liberals offer a handout to control you.Conservatives offer a hand up to liberate you. #ocra #tcot
- To all who serve in our military,have served,& especially to those who gave all -Thank you. #ocra #tcot #military
- All we heard was “Yes we can”. Turns out, they couldn’t. #ocra #tcot
- They keep showing that ugly old anti-Semite and they say it’s Helen Thomas. I thought it was Nancy Pelosi with her face relaxed. #ocra #tcot
- It isn`t that liberals are ignorant. It`s just that they know so much that isn`t so.~Ronald Reagan #ocra #tcot
- I derive my rights from God and will not relinquish them until I stand before him in judgment. #tcot #ocra
- When last seen, Obama was at the Mexican border bowing to people as they entered the country illegally. #ocra #tcot
- We’ll all look back some day and think, “If only Obama had bowed more”. #ocra #tcot #tlot #teaparty #sgp
- If I was a tweet, would you retweet me?
- The greatest document in history limited Gov’t & expanded freedom. NOT the other way around.Obey the Constitution. #ocra #tccot
- Let’s all pause & thank the Press for doing such a bang-up job vetting Obama & covering his Presidency. #ocra #tcot
- “You cannot permanently help a man by doing for him what he could and should do for himself”~Abraham Lincoln #ocra #tcot
- When will Jimmy Carter blame his disastrous Presidency on George Bush? #ocra #tcot
- Obama: If at first you don’t succeed…lie,cheat,bribe,trample the constitution & exploit any available crisis. #ocra #tcot
- Obama’s Address: You know that crisis I ignored…here’s how I want to use it to push my agenda. #ocra #tcot
- Obama: You can’t fix the gulf w/ lawyers,czars,academics,and committees. #ocra #tcot
- Who could have guessed that you need executive experience to lead the Executive branch of the most powerful nation on earth? #ocra #tcot
- The NOvember of NObama – 136 days and counting. #ocra #tco
- Barack Obama’s Six Part Plan to Destroy America… http://37rw.sl.pt #ocra
- Arizona: Where we have to protect ourselves from an invasion and the Federal Government. #ocra #tcot
- I wonder what George Bush will do next to make Obama so incompetent. #ocra #tcot
- Obama to Arizona: You’ll Hear from us, Either Directly or by way of Ecuadorian TV… http://3dt6.sl.pt #ocra #tcot
- I want to follow back as many people as I can, but you have to be a real person and not just trying to sell something.
- In the past I have failed to follow some people back. I would like to make up for this. Let me know you’re following me and I’m not following back and I will follow you.
- If you spam my @ page you will be spam blocked.
- If you stop following me, I will stop following you. Fair is fair, right?
- All of these policies are subject to change, especially with twitter making unknown changes but I’ll let you know.
How to find out if someone is following you: Friend or Follow